I have completed my second week as a missionary! I am tired, yet full of so much joy. This week I have learned so much about the Good News. The Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As my knowledge increases so does my love. The Good News is that death and hell can be escaped, that mistakes and sin can be overcome, that there is hope, and there is help. The Good News is that the tomb was empty; and that everyone's tomb can one day be empty, that everyone's soul can be pure, and that every child of God can return to the father who gave them life. This Good News is Jesus, Messiah, Holy One, Bread of Life, The Great I AM, Lamb of God, Living Water, The Light and Life of the World, Advocate, Tree of Life, Master, Counselor, Anchor, The Word, Servant, Brother, Prince of Peace, Alpha and Omega, True Vine, Mediator, Begotten Son, Redeemer, Author and Finisher of our Faith, Carpenter, Teacher, Eternal Life, The Everlasting Father, Wonderful, Shepard, Almighty, Anointed One
Today we taught zoe. She is creative and curious, yet confused. We taught her that her Heavenly Father and her Savior Jesus Christ love her, with a never ending, perfect love. She smiled. She wants to believe and will meet with us again! So many smiles we shared. This truly is the plan of happiness.
Cats!! My sweet companion Sister Jensen has the most adorable cats and they are so very cute. My companion is so full of love and knowledge. She is creative and an artist. She is so genuine and makes me laugh. She has such a desire to teach the truth and her pure heart shines through. We decided we are like two puzzle pieces that fit together! With opposite weaknesses and strengths that complement each other so well. She is my friend. Jesus is our friend!
I know this mission will challenge me. I know that I will be bruised for His name sake. But to know him truly I must experience as he did, pain and persecution.
matthew 5:11
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you,
and persecute you,
and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely,
for my sake.
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
I am letting go of the world. "If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love His own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chose you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you." Through this I find great peace. I am not of the world and It can be hard to not be as connected to things of the world but I am chosen to do his heavenly work. As my Savior died for me I will stand by his name. My purpose is to love his children as he has. To bring them to HIM.
This past Sunday I testified of my brother and shared words on the stand. I was very nervous but it felt so right to speak of Him. I then said my goodbyes. To have my home full of dear friends I felt such love! They filled my soul and I will miss them greatly. Till we meet again :)
As I live this journey I will write my story and each week is a new chapter but God is the true author.
God is still writing
your story
stop trying to steal the pen
Trust The Author
JOHN 13:7
Comments
Post a Comment