Chapter 4

 




In the field 


    Unknown. As my mind was so worried of not knowing I chose to focus on my purpose. To bring others to Him. By doing so I must lose sight of my wants and get lost in the needs of others. I often find myself praying for others more than myself. To gather Israel. How beautiful the thought of the savior gathering His fold. I am so blessed to assist.

6 How oft will I gather you as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, if ye will repent and return unto me with full purpose of heart.

    Another beautiful analogy of the gathering. We are His little chicks and His sheep and His trees and He wants to bring us all together and love us and nourish us. We must choose to be gathered willingly. 
 "The word willing is crucial to this interpretation of Israel. We all have our agency. We can choose to be of Israel, or not. We can choose to let God prevail in our lives, or not. We can choose to let God be the most powerful influence in our lives, or not." Beautiful words from our dear prophet. I try to imagine what he must see. His love is so pure. He knows. And because he knows I can know too. With great mercies our Redeemer will gather. There is room for each person who will open their hearts and submit to Him. 

    In a few ways I am lost. I am unfamiliar with where I am but I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be. I am lost in the work. My hours no longer belong to me. I handed my self to the lord and He now directs my days. To teach and to share and to speak of Him. To bring His spirit withersoever I may go. I am lost. Yet I am found. I long to find others.

Gloria! She has said that after seven years of searching she has found the church she loves. She does a cute happy dance and I laugh. So much joy. Her frail bones and sweet spirit love Him but she is confused. We must teach her that just because she has been baptized many times before it wasn't by correct authority into the true church. She must enter in by the Way into the strait and narrow. We will meet with her this week. Please pray to have her heart softened.

Tiffany! A special daughter of God. The single mother of a sweet 9 year old with many questions. Already with a deep love of Christ. She has clung to Him in dark moments and her faith is beautiful. I hope this is her time. They want to know. As we taught about the young boy Joseph Smith the spirit filled our souls. She touches her heart many times and I can feel her love. We will teach her this week and she will come to church this Sunday! Pray for her and little Zo.

    Every day, we are approaching closer to the glorious moment when the Savior Jesus Christ will come to earth again. We know something of the terrible events that will precede His coming, yet our hearts swell with joy and confidence also knowing of the glorious promises that will be fulfilled before He returns. I am surrounded by others who love this Gospel as I do.
I am happy.

With love,
Sister Soutas♡







Comments